Big challenges are solved with the help of innovations! The leading players of world agricultural market draw such a conclusion at the beginning of this year, which made them drastically change the direction of their development. Now agricultural sphere is moving towards precision agriculture, transparency, vertical farms and new approaches in agrochemistry. Let us have a closer look at these trends in order to know, where we should head for in 2019!
- In 2018 the interest in discrete markets and agtech technologies keeps growing, because farm management is controlled with the help of digital data more and more often. It includes pictures, sensors and artificial intelligence platforms made for forecasting the best results in agriculture.
- Automation became another moving force in 2018, since the expenses on workforce and deficit make agricultural manufacturers look for solutions to collect harvest, cultivate and protect plants. New approaches are being studied by biological companies, such as Benson Hill, High Fidelity Genetics and Zeakal.
- Besides, entrepreneurs concentrate on “new chemists” – small molecules platforms, which offer alternatives to traditional agricultural products. It is caused by the change in consumers preferences, as well as by resistance to chemical products, such as Roundup.
- Consumers keep rejecting manufacture of food products “clandestinely” in terms of publicity. Transparency is important for consumers. Tendencies of such regulation by consumers are developing. It is connected with the active entrance of products, which are produced on the basis if genes, to the market, while vertical farms are becoming popular, increasing organic manufacture.
- Acquisition of business. It seems that we can expect challenges and changes in the established order on the market of world agricultural chemistry. Acquisition of BASF by seed business of Bayer for 7 bln dollars has changed the dynamics of the branch, since the company has crossed the borders of traditional chemicals and stepped into seed niche for the first time.
And what are the major trends in Ukraine? What machinery has become the most popular and why? How has the job market changed? What is happening in Ukrainian agroIT? Is biogas in trend?
You will find answers to all these questions at the autumn exhibition InterAGRO 2018.